Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mary Kay Sun Kissed Glam VoxBox! from Influenster!

I know I've been totes absentee lately. I can't help it. It's been crazy. Nothing like getting fired to spice things up! But all is better in the realm of the Beauty and I'm here today to do a thorough and full review of the Mary Kay Glam VoxBox that was sent to me free by Influenster to try!

Check out the finished product!!!




So, we'll go through the whole experience step by step with some explanations...
Influenster is basically an equal opportunity company that ships boxes of goodies from various brands and companies throughout the country to socially active users of their service, referred to as Influensters. 
I've received two boxes so far. You can check out the most recent one before this here.
The point of it is to get these products out to the consumers and get real feedback and word of mouth advertising (if the product is good that is). The boxes are shipped free and all you need to do to remain active with Influenster is complete the requested tasks.

Anyway, enough about the company...BRING ON THE BOX!

I received the Mary Kay Glam VoxBox, pictured here:




I think one of the most awesome things about this is we were sent full size everything which means instead of the usual foil packet sample you might receive from a subscription box service, you actually get to REALLY try out these items and try the look out for a good while to determine if the products are right for you and if so, do you need different colors.

CHECK OUT THE UN-BOXING HERE!

We'll go through one by one!



 This was the product card in the box that gave us the description, use, and price of each item


 Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara in I <3 Black RP: $15.00


The packaging of this was very nice and the black was not overpowering which I loved. The applicator was a nice plastic fiber one, which worked pretty well and applied the color evenly.  


I loved the pigmentation of this and the staying power was insane! I love a nice black eyeliner. It makes the baby blue POP! I will say that the applicator was nice, and can keep your purse from getting messy since it snaps back to covered bristles. However, this is just my general gripe about eyeliner brushes: Someone needs to make one that you can press in flat so that you don't just poke holes and end up with gobs on the brush. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or too heavy handed, but I kept poking the brush in and getting way too much. Any recommendations, guys?


Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Apricot Twist RP: $14.00

I loved this color. The photo isn't that great but this was a nice golden, almost a tiny bit peach colored cream eyeshadow. It went on nice and had a good bit of pigmentation. I think I might have liked this to be a little more opaque but it went on beautifully and smooth.


Mary Kay Bronzing Powder (Light/Medium) RP: $18.00

Probably my most favorite bronzer EVER. I cannot tell you how hard it is a fair skinned girl to find a Bronzer that doesn't make me look like I've been manhandled by King Midas, or one that makes me look like the pre-blending picture of Kim Kardashian's contour routine. This went on very nice. The pigmentation is great and the color is PERFECT for light skin.

Again with the "Where has this been all of my fair-skinned life?!" This color was absolutely beautiful without being over powering or making me look like Bozo the Clown. Great pigmentation and not chalky in the slightest. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

 

This was awesome! I never thought I could pull off a borderline blood orange lip color of any variation and this eased my concerns. It smelled like cake and went on great. Good pigmentation and didn't make you feel like smacking your lips. This one is a must for lip gloss lovers.

This one was a little confusing to me. First let me say that I LOVE this packaging. I'm sick of opening loose pots to have the powder explode EVERYWHERE. This has a clever sliding shake top. PERFECT for keeping the POOF! explosions to a minimum. This product does do what it says, which is controls shine. I wasn't oily or sweaty at all. 

In general though, I like my face to be as MATTE as possible. This products contains light scattering particles meant to give you a soft finish. 

Translation: all over face glow. 
I don't like to look shiny. 
It's weird and makes me look strange, but I like MATTE.
 I would not buy this PERSONALLY because it's not my style, although if Mary Kay has a Matte powder, sign me up now!
(OMG! THEY DO! JOY!!! Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation!!!)

 The product was great, well packaged, and delivered it's promise. It's just not my thing. I'll save it for special occasions.


I liked this brush. Very sturdy and well designed and the bristles did work really well at picking up just the right about of eye color. I can't wait to buy more of their brushes because they're honestly the best I've ever used.


THAT'S ALL!




...


...


...

OK! I'm totally lying!

Mary Kay was nice enough to send everyone a surprise additional brush! SCORE!! This is also my new favorite brush in existence...

 Mary Kay Powder Brush RP: $16.00



What else can I say? This is the softest, most comfortable to hold and pleasurable-to-the-skin brush I have ever used. I cannot sing its praises enough. HOLY WOW! 


Buy it. 
Buy it now. 
....What are you still sitting down for? 
GO! NOW!

Final thoughts: 



CHECK OUT MY VIDEO REVIEW IF YOU'RE SICK OF READING AND WANT TO SEE THE FACE IN ACTION!

 I thoroughly enjoyed the Mary Kay Sun Kissed Glam VoxBox that I received from Mary Kay AND Influenster. I will definitely be recommending the products I loved to my friends and I honestly cannot wait to start buying their entire brush line. My favorite products in this box were the Powder Brush and the Bronzer. The packaging is great and classic.

 I used to think that Mary Kay was a makeup line more aimed for someone older than myself (I'm 26 but then again, the first time I experienced Mary Kay I was 16).

It's not. 

I recommend this line for anyone of any age interested in good quality makeup that delivers. It's classy and refined. It's glamorous.

Like you.

Until next time, Beauties...














No comments:

Post a Comment